Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My Mom's Best Recipe

Bobby Chandler, Marlene's husband, loves to ask her if the "BIG OVEN" is warm. That is his way of telling her that he wants a home cooked meal. :) Sometimes it can be a challenge to think up....one more meal.

Let's help each other out by sharing our favorite recipes that comes straight from our mother's kitchen.

My children like my moms hamburger with sliced potatoes casserole. My husband likes her potato salad. We all like her brownies with icing. Every time I take the brownies to a social event I'm asked for the recipe. Here it is .....

Brownies

2 cups of sugar
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup butter flavored crisco
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/4 cup cocoa

Mix all ingredients and pour into a greased 9 x 13 pan.
Bake at 350^ for 20 - 25 minutes.

Icing Recipe

1 stick of margarine
1 egg or egg substitute
1 box of 10x powdered sugar
Cocoa - to taste.

Mix together and ice brownies. If icing is dry add a little milk
(posted by Cynthia)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey everyone!!!
I can tell you for sure the brownies are to die for!!! Put some ice cream with them and you are sure to gain some weight. (Just ask Kynn) After we got married, we had to just stop making the brownies because we were putting on the pounds.
I'll post my favorite recipe soon.

Also, I am wondering if any of you guys cook. Kynn is by far the better cook of the two of us.