Thursday, August 21, 2008

What's for Supper?

I can not begin to tell you how many times I have looked at my watch about 4:30 or 5:00 (PM) and wondered, What's for Supper? (PANIC) Oh No, my hubby will be home soon and what in the world am I going to do? Perhaps the worst part is that there is food in the freezer, but I have not once thought about bringing it out to thaw. Has this ever happened to you? If it hasn't happened to you, I guess you are REALLY organized and I need your help!!! :)

Tonight was a successful night at the Harris Household. Happy stomachs make for a nice evening. The casserole and pie are so easy and quick. What about you? What ideas do you have for a good evening meal. Please share it with us.

Our Menu
Chicken and Dressing Casserole
Tossed Salad
Steamed Broccoli
Fresh Fruit
Blueberry Pie
Iced Tea










Chicken and Dressing Casserole
2 1/2 lb. chicken
2 hard boiled eggs
1 can cream of chicken soup (diluted with 1/2 can of chicken broth)
1/2 package Pepperidge Farm dressing mixed with 1 1/2 cup of chicken broth
In bottom of baking dish put bite size cooked chicken. (I use a rotisserie chicken from deli). On top of chicken place 2 sliced boiled eggs and 1 can of cream of chicken soup diluted with 1/2 can of broth. Add 1/2 package of Pepperidge Farm dressing with 1 1/2 cup of broth. Place on top of chicken. Dot with butter. Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes.
Blueberry Pie
1 Quart blueberries and 1 baked pie crust
Simmer 1 cup blueberries and 2/3 cup of water and simmer about 3 minutes. Next, blend the following ingredients, add to simmering mixture and boil for 1 minute stirring constantly.
1 cup sugar
3 Tbs. cornstarch
1/3 cup of water
Cool this mixture completely and mix with remaining blueberries. Add to pie shell and refrigerate. Top with cool whip. Enjoy!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your dinner was so much better than mine tonight. We were grocery shopping and mowing the lawn. I ate peanut butter on a bagel and Earl ate cereal. I can't wait to try the Blueberry Pie.